Thursday, December 24, 2009

‘Writing a poem’

Do you think of me

as a symbol-

of terror or sex?

Do not chisel me out

at a far-off place.

My presence in front

of you is chock-full.

My dear little girl,

start a poem-

write it upon me.

Did you never think

of writing some

great epic poem

on me?

Are you afraid

of me?

When you feel the courage,

no body could stop you,

not even I…

you are not a frail lady.

Now, explore me,

reflect at what I am

to you.

All merits and loopholes-

jot that down.

You know,

I make mistakes

like you.

So write that, as

I have done in those poems

about you.

Make a room of your own,

carve a schedule

at your own credit.

You have mistaken

in thinking about

an imaginary intimidation

earlier. Why did you make

an enslaved fate?

Re-think about your

past life, you were

a parasite.

Now, act on your own

boldness, and

write down with

a candid handwriting

about me, don’t fear.

My little girl,

write my poem,

write it, accuse me,

praise me.

Take me to the scaffolds,

if there were serious mistakes,

or- make a valediction

if worthy works

had been done for you.

But, write the poem-

to empower you,

to bring your equal

incumbency

with me.

And, write the poem

to save your sisters and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment